Looking back to move forward
One of my favorite times is the start of a new year. It is time to refresh or restart goals and to look back over the past year to see just how well you did.
I have a few favorite tools that help me when I am future casting my goals and I thought it might be nice to share it here. I also plan on sharing with you where I plan to pivot my business and how that focus is going to help your business grow. I am excited for 2022. How about you?
I am a firm believer that you can’t really know where you are going unless you know where you are coming from. How do you know if you achieved any of your goals if you don’t track it? It has taken me some time but over the past several years I have been able to see real growth in my personal life and my professional life.
BENEFITS OF PLANNING & Reviewing
As a small business owner, it is very important for me to set goals in my personal and business life, so that I can do my very best to create service offerings that will benefit my customers. That is what I intend to do in 2022. Before I start sharing what’s new in 2022, I thought I might share a few of my favorite tools that helped me finalize my mission and goals for the new year.
Favorite Planning & Reviewing Tools
Here are a few of my favorite tools I use for reviewing and planning:
- 2022 Dream Guide by Jennie Allen – For life planning, I follow Jennie Allen’s Dream Guide . This is a great tool for reviewing all aspects of your life such as personal, spiritual, relational and work goals. This tool helps you to reflect on what was, what is and what could be and it is very eye opening.
- Business Dashboard from the Flourish Academy – This is different for me this year since I am a full-time entrepreneur. I found that I needed a little more in depth goal setting, mission statement development, core values and describing how I want my business to impact others. For this, I used the Business Dashboard provided within our Elevate Coaching group.
- Full Focus Planner by Michael Hyatt – I use the Full Focus Planner for my every day and quarterly planning. Each day, you can map out your big 3 goals, meetings, tasks and a place for daily notes. What I love about planning this way, is there is a quarter recap at the end of each planner. If those are filled out quarterly, it makes for an easier end-of-year reflection. NOTE: Each planner is for a quarter only, so there is an annual subscription with 4 planners per year.
What's New in 2022?
I had a late start with my review, but I am extremely excited for what 2022 holds for Believe, Create, Inspire and for all my customers. This year I plan to continue my education to provide the best photography services to my customers. I will be focused primarily on:
- Personal & Small Business Branding: Do you need updated photos for LinkedIn or for your business brand? Let’s chat about how I can help you.
- Commercial photography: Let’s update your website and social media marketing.
- Product Photography: Do you sell products online or in a small storefront setting? I love photographing products, styling them to tell a story or providing my customers with images on a solid white background. Whatever your need, let’s chat about how I can help your products shine.
- Event Photography: Are you a small business or non-profit organization? I provide half and full day coverage to photograph your event providing you with a gallery full of amazing photos telling the story of your event and providing solid content you can use for future marketing purposes.
It is easy to get side-tracked by all that is going on in the world, but with a solid plan, I feel confident that I can help your business grow in 2022.
This post is a part of a photography blog circle featuring photographers specializing in a variety of niches. To see what the next photographer is sharing for the weekly theme, “Looking Ahead,” check out Gretchen Ciccone with GCiccone Photography, looking ahead and capturing your 2022 special moments. Continue to click the link at the end of each post in the blog circle until you eventually find your way back here.